April 7 – 8, 2020 | Orillia, Ontario
Don’t miss the first-ever gathering of farmers, suppliers and researchers working in Canada’s freshwater aquaculture sector — low sodium guaranteed!
Tuesday, April 2
- Afternoon — Roundtable to define freshwater aquaculture challenges and priorities (all those working in freshwater aquaculture are invited to take part)
- Afternoon — Annual General Meeting for the Ontario Aquaculture Association (OAA members only)
- Evening — Our annual pre-conference tailgater social!
Wednesday, April 3
- Conference day open to ALL with an interest in freshwater aquaculture. Breakfast, lunch, and social evening are included. Topics include:
- New finfish welfare regulations (panel)
- Staff recruitment and retention (panel)
- Indigenous aquaculture law
- Retailer and consumer trends
- Tools for delaying fish maturation
- Prevention strategies for disease outbreaks
- Spotlights on new farm technology
- Sessions on trout, Arctic char, coho salmon, and more
- Research spotlights
- Crisis communications
- And much more…
4432 Fern Resort Rd, Ramara, Ontario
One hour from Toronto’s Pearson Airport!
Fern Resort is family-owned, just like most of Canada’s freshwater aquaculture businesses! Known as the “Home of the Rolls & Honey”, the incredible meals, gorgeous views, fun activities and terrific service have kept guests coming back for generations.
A block of rooms has been reserved for the nights of April 7 and 8 for $189/night + resort fees.
There are also several cottages for groups of 3 – 4. To request one, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full Conference & Gala (Includes registration fee, all meals and social evening) — $229
- Discounted Conference (For speakers and ‘Individual’ OAA members) — $179
All corporate members of the Ontario Aquaculture Association receive TWO free registrations to the conference. Please sign up all additional registrants at the discounted rate.